An email list is a great way to create a continuous stream of income for your local
business because you can automatically communicate with a targeted list of people over
and over again without starting the whole sales process from scratch. But how exactly
does one build that coveted email list? First one needs to drive traffic to your squeeze
page and secondly one needs to get them to sign up on that squeeze page.
Here are ways to drive traffic to your squeeze page:
1. Social media- you can drive your Twitter and Facebook followers to your squeeze
page through your tweets or your business’s fanpage. The wonderful thing about
generating leads this way is that your followers can help you drive even more
traffic for free due to the viral nature of social media.
2. Article Marketing- this free method works by submitting articles related to your
business to article directories and providing a link to your squeeze page through
the author resource box or through anchor text links.
3. Video Marketing- uploaded videos on YouTube or other video sharing sites
should have links that direct people to your squeeze page
4. Pay per click – if you can afford it, this is a very quick way to drive traffic to your
squeeze page. You can place ads on search engines, social media sites or specific
websites that have high levels of traffic in your target market.
5. Affiliate traffic- you can sign up affiliates who will do the work of driving traffic
to your squeeze page in exchange for a fee per signup. You obviously have to
consider the cost to benefit ratio before you use this method.
Having driven traffic to your squeeze page, it is now time to persuade people to sign up.
How to do that is covered in our next article, “How To Build Your Local Business Email
List: Part Two- Super Squeeze Pages”
How To Build Your Email List Part Two: Super Squeeze Pages
Email marketing is a very cheap way to generate sales for your local business as you can
use your email list for successive marketing campaigns without going back to the
drawing board to get new prospects. In our previous article, we tackled how to drive
traffic to your squeeze page and in this article we will look at how to create a compelling
squeeze page that gets people to sign up to your list.
As you know, a squeeze page is designed specifically to get people to opt-in or sign up
and there are some simple ways to increase your conversion rates.
1. No distractions- a common mistake is to try and put too much information on
your squeeze page but this only distracts your prospects and lowers opt-in rates.
The only information that should be there is a clear message for just the name and
email address of the prospect in exchange for the free product/service you are
offering. This is not the place to start putting ads or links.
2. Create a valuable product/service to give away for free to make people feel they
are getting a good deal when they sign up. That free offer should offer amazing
value in the eyes of the prospect. You can create a report, a video, a coupon or
whatever suits your kind of business and budget.
3. Reverse squeeze page- you can use this technique that uses reverse psychology to
get sign ups. Basically you offer the first part of your free offer directly to your
prospect and then offer the second part if they sign up. This actually helps you
filter your traffic to create a more targeted email list of potential buyers rather
than mere window shoppers
4. Create a professional looking squeeze page. Choose clean and modern designs
that don’t look hyped up or phony as prospects will be suspicious about the
credibility of your business.