Here are seven ways using Facebook can help grow your local business:
1. Generates more traffic to your website
Once you have gathered fans onto your business fan page, it is easy to direct them to your site. This is done by providing links to content that can only be found on your website, such as articles or blog posts, entry forms, videos, squeeze pages, etc. Also, by using keywords in your Facebook name, status updates, and anchor text links, you build more backlinks to your website and improve its ranking on the search engines.
2. Generates more traffic to your offline store
You can drive traffic to your offline store by promoting coupons, sales deals, and events on your Facebook fanpage so that people have to come to your store to redeem those coupons or attend those events. Another way Facebook can bring more foot traffic to your store is through the “check-in” apps. These work in such a way that when a customer comes to your store, they send an update to all their friends on their social media network that they have checked in to your business. This provides free marketing for your business since your store will get free publicity.
3. Improves your repeat business
Facebook allows you to have a database of fans who will buy over and over again from you. Just like email lists can provide repeat business every time you send out an email, your local business fan pages are also made up of people who have experienced interacting with your business either socially or commercially and who are likely to keep doing so.
4. Increases the number of referrals you receive
If your local business provides good quality products and services, then your fans will spread the good word about you to their network of friends. The quickest way they do this is by “liking” your page, and this shows up on the newsfeeds of all their friends. This generates curiosity from their friends who want to find out which business their friends have just liked, and this creates a ripple effect as more and more people get to know about your business all from one satisfied customer ‘liking’ your page.
5. Positions your business as an authority
This is one way to brand your local store by placing it as an authority in your niche. This primarily works well with professionals who run their businesses because of the specialized and in-depth knowledge you have about a particular industry or niche. Examples of such professionals can be accountants, financial planners, engineers, professors, doctors, lawyers, counseling psychologists, therapists, etc. Facebook can provide a great avenue to create a brand around your professional career and a way for people to get your expert advice online.
6. Increases sales leads
Most business owners often don’t understand how Facebook can generate more sales leads to their business, but there are some simple ways to do that.
- First of all, you can offer coupons for free deals or knock-off sales. Facebook provides the fastest way to communicate those exclusive deals as you post a status update about the offer that shows up on all the news feeds of your fans who then pass it on virally to their friends.
- Another way to generate more sales is to direct traffic to your online store that you may have on your website. Once again, it is as simple as posting status updates with a link to your website page for a specific product.
- Another way Facebook can increase your sales leads is that you can create events to be held at your local business and get people to register free to attend. You can then make back-end sales at the actual event.
- You can use Facebook Ads and geotarget them to show within the locale of your local business so that you can reach the local population closest to your offline store.
7. Gathers high-quality testimonials
All copywriters agree that one of the secrets to high converting sales and marketing campaigns is to have testimonials because it is one of the best ways to convince prospects to do business with you. People prefer to do business with a local company that has many happy customers so that they don’t feel like they are a guinea pig for your business to test products and services on. As a small business owner, you can quickly get client testimonials from your business fan page by getting in touch with fans who have written about a positive experience with your business on their post. More often than not, these testimonials are real and valid because they have the photo and name of the client, and the client can be contacted freely by your prospects on Facebook.